You guys! I feel like Rachael Ray!
Here I am - for the second time in a week - sharing another super simple, super delicious holiday recipe. You know, one of those fabulous quick desserts that's just perfect for all of those Christmas parties you'll be attending. One that'll have everyone and their brother begging you for the recipe. One that'll make you feel like a domestic goddess.
You're so welcome.
Dark Chocolate Caramel Turtles
1 bag of small pretzels
1 bag of baking caramels (I used the Werther's Original brand)
Dark chocolate - I used the Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate with a Touch of Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line pretzels in neat rows along baking sheet, placing a caramel (or half, as I did) on top of each. Be sure to leave enough space between each for any caramel that may ooze. If they're too close you'll end up with an ooey gooey turtle monster rather than cute little individual candies.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the caramels are just melted.
- Once melted, remove from the oven and immediately press pecan halves into the melted caramel. Be sure not to push too hard as you'll break the pretzel underneath and that'll make the next step difficult.
- Once the caramel has completely cooled, melt your chocolate and dab even rounds (approximately 1 tsp each) on the parchment paper. Place a caramel pretzel per chocolate round and allow to dry. (if you're pressed for time, feel free to pop these in the fridge in order to reduce the set time).
Serve in cute plastic bags tied with ribbon or on a festive plate! Enjoy!
Yield: this recipe makes 45-50 individual turtle candies