Although I have what I'll refer to as a 'Tasha Post' half composed and ready to publish, I wanted to sideline that for a bit in order to say a big huge THANK-YOU to one of my old University friends, Lauren. Today she did one of the most adorable things, and it truly has made me smile from ear to ear. Lauren, (who you can find over at Live Today, Think Tomorrow) awarded me with the 'Versatile Blogger Award.' Now seriously people, how humbling and adorable is that please?! Sometimes I finish one of my long winded posts and wonder to myself 'does anyone aside from my Mom actually read this stuff? Am I wasting my time blogging? Do people even enjoy reading my random ramblings as much as I do writing them, or should I spare the bleeding eyes and pack it all in?' but Lauren's sweet gesture has reassured me that my blog really isn't in vain. Somewhere, out there in this weird and wonderful world, there are those who actually enjoy reading my writing. And as silly and insignificant as this may seem, just knowing that makes my heart happy and I feel proud, inspired and appreciated. So thank you, Lauren, for providing me with that little bit of confidence and reassurance I was needing. It meant a lot :)
The rules of this Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
1) Thank the person that nominated you with a link back (Check! But I'm doing this again)
2) Tell your readers 7 things about yourself
3) Link 15 (or as many as you find appropriate) blogs that you have decided to award, and let them know they have received it.
So, as I've already provided all of you with Laurenzo's blog link (here it is again for those of you who may have missed it. Lauren is one of the most fashionable people I know, so if you're looking for any make-up/clothing tips I highly recommend checking her out!) it's now time that I turn my attention to rule #2: telling all of you 7 things about myself. So, here it goes.
1. My favorite perfume in the entire world is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. The hubby gets it for me every single Christmas :)
2. I was paralyzed for a week when I was 11. I contracted a VERY RARE virus called Transverse Myelitis, which is a neurological disorder caused by an inflammatory process of the spinal cord. Although I don't have feeling in some of my toes, and will never be able to run 'normal' again (my legs just don't run as gracefully as they once did and I look like I have serious issues when I try haha) I thank my lucky stars that I can walk now. After experiencing what it's like to be paralyzed (including the feelings associated with being considered 'disabled,' and the awkward looks you get from people while in a wheel chair) I am SO appreciative that I am as healthy as I am now and I pray that I stay this way.
3. I want a baby. SO bad. But, I'm patiently waiting until the time is right for Carl and I. Hopefully within another 2 years...
4. If it weren't for bacon, I could easily be a vegetarian.
5. Come July I will have half of a Masters degree. In the near(ish) future I intend to get the remaining other half and in my 40's (after being an Elementary School teacher for 20+ years) I'd like to become a University professor specializing in Early Years Education. This is my dream, and I WILL make it happen. Just wait and see.
6. I was watching a TV show the other day with the hubs about factory workers in China. It made me sad and I am genuinely THANKFUL and feel very blessed to have had the childhood/lifestyle that I did. It's mind boggling to think that if you had been born in another part of the world how incredibly different your life would be. Count your blessings and appreciate all that you have, because there's always someone else less fortunate who won't ever get the opportunities that you do. I thank you, Mom and Dad, for everything you've done for me. I love you both very much xoxo
7. The thought of eating tapioca pudding makes me gag. All I can say is: fish eyes.
Okay, and we're on to the final rule: provide the link to your favorite blogs that you find inspirational/amazing/interesting/awesome. By linking the blogs below I am doing my part in awarding deserving bloggers with The Versatile Blogger Award. I just want to say THANK YOU for providing me with posts that I genuinely look forward to reading. I log on to Blogger daily to laugh, smile and cry with all of you. Keep it up, you're all amazing!
Kelly at: Kelly's Korner
Lauren at: The Lucky Layman's
Jennifer at: There is a Season
Jess at: The Macs
Melanie at: Big Mama
Megan at: In This Wonderful Life
Jen at: A Daily Dose of Davis
Tom at: Teacher Tom
Jessica at: Jessica McCash
Jenna at: These are the days
If you haven't read any of the blogs above already, then you're truly missing out. Seriously give them a go. I stalk them all religiously and I promise they're well worth your time. In fact, I guarantee you'll end up as stalker-ish as me :)
Well, that's all for me today. But I'll be back tomorrow with my 'Tasha Post,' so please stay tuned!